Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm Saved!


I have to tell you all about something.This June,my sister and I went to a Christian youth camp in Tennessee.I was really excited about it.I would get together with some of my friends,cousins,and meet new people.At one night service,a singing group from Penn View Bible Institute sang the song "Nail it to the Cross".It made me and lots of other kids just cry.They started to go to the altar.My sister went up too.I went to one of the benches up front,at the time to pray for my sister,but I started crying more about how my life had sin in it.My dad was there that night and he came up and prayed with me.When I got done,I testified.I felt so glad that Jesus forgave me.I still have a lot to learn and do,but God will help me.Almost every time I hear that song now,I cry.

In closing,I want everyone reading this to know,God can forgive all your sins and make you whole.You'll feel so much better.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you for sharing, Austin. I love how the Lord works in bringing us to the foot of the cross, because we each have our personal stories of the grace of Jesus Christ leading us to confess our dirty sins and thanking Him for saving us! God bless!

In Him,
Rachel M.

Luke Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luke Smith said...

One reassuring thought that always come to my mind on this subject, is that salvation does not depend on our human will to choose salvation, but on God, who has mercy (Romans 9:16). If it did depend on my human will to choose salvation, then I would be completely hopeless for I have already died in sin and therefore I can do nothing to save myself.

In Colossians, Paul writes:

"And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross." - Colossians 2:13, 14

Also in Ephesians 2:

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved." - Ephesians 2:4, 5

I was dead (not sick) in my trespasses and sins, but because of God's mercy, He has made me alive together with Christ. When a person dies, he can do nothing to save himself. It is the same with us, we were completely dead in our sins, but God has made us alive together with Him. It is by grace that we are saved, not of works (Ephesians 2:8, 9)

This is very reassuring for me to know that salvation does not depend on my human will to choose salvation, but on God who has made me alive and has poured His mercy into my life.

May God continue to strengthen your faith!

-
Stand firm in the faith,

Luke Smith

LocaChica said...

Thanks for posting, Austin. It was a very nice post :)

Adria

Jenna said...

Praise the Lord! What Christ has done for us should always bring us too our knees...thank you Jesus!

May God Bless you and your walk with HIM:)

Your sister in Christ,
Jenna

Ryan Wegner said...

That's awesome!

God bless you!!

Post a Comment